Friday, May 8, 2015

Social media is beneficial

     whenever I get asked about social media if it is more useful or a waste of time, I answer that it is a waste of time with out thinking. But when I was doing my research and thinking about how I use it, I found it's not a waste of time even if you use it for days unless it is misused. Then I saw Pawel Kuczynski photo on how Facebook is like a prison. I got convinced that Facebook and social media in general is bad. And I also read a quote that says, : "Facebook is like jail, you sit around and waste time, write on walls, and get poked by people you do not know". I thought of it, but that is also misusing the social media. 

     You may be asking what else to be done on social media!? Simply, I would give you two examples, that use Social media an benefit from it, and both represent a large number of people. First example is Andrew George a friend from the gym who is an owner and manager of five big companies. From his experience with social media, Andrew said: “I am an old guy and I spend from an hour to four hours daily on social media”. The reason was, that Andrew works all day so hard, at the end of the day he needs some time to relax, so he works out and after that relaxes and talk to his friends through social media. Which, is a good thing he and his friends don’t have time to meet and some of them are in different states. He also added: “I am living alone and watching television is sometimes boring, adding social media is more fun”.  People may say a busy man like him would say it is a waste of time, but he proved them wrong. He has time to work but he benefits from social media very well.
     The second example is my own experience with social media, which I find very useful and represents a lot of people. My personal experience with social media proves that social media has more benefits than negative effects. I was born and raised in Egypt, when I was 16 years old I joined my father in his dog’s kennel. We used social media such as Facebook, and other websites to market, import, export, sell dogs nationally and internationally. Before using social media, it used to take us a lot of time, and money.This picture above is also by Pawel Kuczynski, which represents how on 2011 Egyptian people used social media in the Egyptian revolution , the only way to know the real news was through what people shared on social media, from pictures, posts, and videos because normal media was full of lies for some people’s interest. Also, when I moved out of Egypt to the states, on 2012, I used social media as a way to stay connected with my friends, family and country. I also, keep running the kennel from social media and through social media I met a lot of new people in USA that are great breeders and kennels’ owners.
 By comparing the pros and cons of social media, it has more pros than cons. A lot of people think otherwise, but the truth is it a blessing if used correctly. The benefits are relaxing the mind by watching and reading funny posts. It connects people all over the world, which is something that was hard before social media and more expensive. It makes a person gain more knowledge by reading. It also make the people know the truth not the fake news, which the media lies about. It makes it easier to manage a business for some people. But the cons are only found in the people not social media because they misuse it. So, social media has much more benefits than negativies.
Briefly, social media ruins lives because most of the people who misuse it. It has a lot of pros but it also has some cons. There is a joke that says Facebook is like jail, you sit around and waste time, write on walls, and get poked by people you do not know. This is simply how Facebook is misused. The hours we waste on Facebook or any other social media, and comparing our lives to others, makes us depressed. Also, watching the world through Facebook is a jail that ruins our lives. Students are affected negatively, which makes them have bad grades and bad future. However, those who used it well, benefit a lot and it helps them in everything that they cannot do because of many reasons. People must stick to the pros of social media and stop misusing it; otherwise their lives will be destroyed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment